February 23, 2010

Pretty Ugly at Topshop Unique

Topshop Unique sent down some interesting looking models in London this week.

The eyebrows were thick and wild, the hair was frizzy and wild, the whole show was wild.

The models reminded me of a cross between centaurs and wood nymphs. Their faces looked half-human and half-animal. It took a few looks but then I realized this is what fashion should do, it should surprise you, and I decided I was surprised in a good way.

Once I got my eyes off the pretty ugly faces of the models, I focused on the clothes, which I loved.

Looking at the photos from the show, I felt like I had stepped through the closet and into a fashionable and less snowy version of Narnia, where the centaurs wear well-tailored jackets and cable knit socks.









(photos from nymag.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment