March 22, 2010

Fashion Week returns to Gainesville


This spring the fashionistas will be happy in Gainesville because Gainesville Fashion Week has gotten a whole lot bigger.

I interviewed with Neutral7, the marketing company that is putting the event on, for an assistant position a while back. I obviously did not get chosen, but I remember her asking a question along the lines of what would I change about Gainesville Fashion Week, and I remember telling her more people need to know about it.

Well, much to my excitement for the small fashion world of Gainesville, promotion for Gainesville Fashion Week has been intense this season.

I think they have gone the extra mile with promoting the event, and I will be interested to see if all their work will bring more people to the shows.

I hope to attend because if I can't go to New York and Paris Fashion Week, I might as well work with what I've got, and what I've got are three nights of fashion show events at a new club in downtown Gainesville.

I doubt I will attend all three, but I am interested in seeing if the fall trends that lit up New York, Paris, Milan and London will grace the runway here in Gainesville. I'm hoping for some new points of view and a whole lot of creativity.

About a year ago, I attended what I believe was the first Gainesville Fashion Week, and it was pretty impressive. It had that feel of an event just starting out, but they managed to rock out some nice fashion in a very small club.

I did not attend in the fall, but I am looking forward to seeing the evolution of what our fashion week is becoming.

For more information on the event click here.
Here are some pictures I took a year ago from the Bobby K fashion show.






No comments:

Post a Comment