April 13, 2010

Gainesville Fashion Week: Bobby K channels Balmain?

Gainesville Fashion Week took place this past weekend, and while I attended the first show, I saw photos of designer Bobby K's show and my first thought was gold has made it's way from Paris to Gainesville.

Bobby K





Balmain





One trend I noticed did not come to Bobby K's fashion show was the fresh face trend.

Models this season have been wearing little make up or accentuating the eyes while going for a natural look elsewhere. You can see this trend perfectly in Balmain's collection.

Bobby K's crying eyes make up sort of bothered me, but aside from that I think his line was very cohesive and was one of the best featured in Gainesville Fashion Week.

Read more about his show here.

(Photos from http://style.com and Gainesville Fashion Week's facebook page.)

No comments:

Post a Comment