September 27, 2010

Acne and Matthew Williamson Spring 2011

It's late, I am behind on posting for fashion week and as a result, I am combining two brands that have very little in common except that I happen to like both of their spring 2011 collections.

We'll start with Acne....








I love their street wear and my favorites were definitely the navy blue outfits.  The cropped sweater layered over the long sheer shirt is to die for.

I think Acne is so awesome because their clothes are wearable, and even though I adore Matthew Williamson, I could never see myself wearing his clothing out (even though I may want to).

Acne is for the cooler, urban girl, and Matthew Williamson, as you'll see below, is for the edgy girl who has to attend a formal event.












I loove the way Williamson did the straps for these dresses, it really makes them edgy and unique.  I am obsessed with the turquoise dress, I hope someone fabulous rocks that on a red carpet.

What do you think?

(photos from vogue.com)

2 comments:

  1. mw's collection is pure art! and i love the tonal outfits of acne's collection.

    http://www.benchesandchandeliers.com

    ReplyDelete