February 19, 2011

NY Fashion Week: Glamour Done Right (part two)

I didn't want to bog down my last post, but here's two more collections with to-die-for evening wear.

Monique Lhuillier utilized lace in a sexy yet sophisticated way, and I think that all her evening gowns are red carpet worthy.  Also, my grandma and I always argue over this because she adores animal prints, and I tend to think they look cheap.  However, I think my grandma would be happy to see that Lhuillier  made leopard print evening gowns and to my surprise, made them look elegant and chic.

Badgley Mischka also had some hits as far as evening wear goes.  I really like the first and fourth looks because not only are they a little edgy but they are pretty and feminine at the same time thanks to the sequins.

Overall, it seems New York Fashion Week was full of glamourous collections.  Be sure to let me know if you agree or disagree with my picks.  I think a few others not included (but in separate posts) would be Marchesa, Prabal Gurung and Jason Wu, but let me know some others and why!

Monique Lhuillier
















Badgley Mischka









No comments:

Post a Comment