September 22, 2011

NYFW: Minimalism at Helmut Lang, Theysken's Theory, The Row and T by Alexander Wang

Three collections that I think used minimalism in great ways this season were Helmut Lang, The Row and Theysken's Theory.

While some of you might argue that Theysken's Theory isn't minimalistic, there are definitely aspects in the dresses where they are simple and edgy.  I think Theysken's Theory is my favorite collection out of these three and definitely my top five of NYFW.  I would wear just about everything in the collection, and I love the edginess and wearability that Theysken combines so well.  

Also, The Row's collection was an interesting display because it was all white and creams, and while it was simple in color palette, the details were stunning.  It never ceases to amaze me that the Olsen twins are the masterminds behind this collection, and I think they continuously show a style maturity and elegance far beyond their age.

Helmut Lang's collection was as usual amazing.  I loved the unique shapes and the black and white pieces below are loose but still manage to give a woman shape.  I think it's incredibly wearable and just radiates cool.

I think Alexander Wang presented a much more grown up version of T this season.  While it's still the wearable sportswear/street wear that made the line so popular, it seems to me to be more chic but still edgy.  I am really liking the white palette and the grey cut out dress.


Helmut Lang








The Row





Theysken's Theory

















T by Alexander Wang





(images from vogue.com and style.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment