February 11, 2012

NYFW: Favorite Looks from Day 1 & 2

We're three days in to New York Fashion Week, and I know I say this every season, but my goal is to get through the whole month in a timely manner and talk about some of my favorite backstage, beauty, runway and street style looks.  First, I'll start with my favorite runway looks from day one and day two of NYFW.

So far, I haven't seen a whole lot of new trends emerge.  Florals have gotten darker, collared dresses are still in, and designers are still all about mixing patterns and textures.  My favorite of the collections below are Helmut Lang and Rebecca Taylor.  Lang's looks are edgy and sophisticated with pops of a burgundy/umber color that has shown up a few times already on the runway.  Taylor's last two flowy sheer floral dresses are to die for, and the last one is rocking a cap sleeve, which was pretty big on the runway at Jason Wu.

Stay tuned for a more in depth review on one of my new favorite designers Suno and a look at the genius that is Peter Som, Jason Wu and Rag & Bone!   I'll try to keep you all as up to date as possible, but in the mean time, follow my Tumblr for quick posts about my favorite looks so far.


Charlotte Ronson





Helmut Lang



Jen Kao





Rebecca Minkoff



Rebecca Taylor






(images from style.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment