February 23, 2012

NYFW: Thakoon, Derek Lam and Preen

Three collections I really liked from NYFW were Thakoon, Derek Lam and Preen.  Thakoon's lip and heart print was fun and girly, and I liked the mix of the bold print with the clean and simple silhouette.  I also was a huge fan of the boots and the bold red lip the models rocked.

Derek Lam's collection was probably one of my top five of New York, it reminded me of New York City cool girl combined with a little British invasion and Olsen twins at the end (I know, it's a weird description).  The collared dresses were prim and proper, but the hints of edge like the orange collar or the leather skirt made it not just for the average business lady.  Also, I loved the flowy dresses at the end that screamed Olsen twins, and the way he combined knits with a long hemline, plus can we talk about those gold-toed Oxfords?

Finally, Preen wowed at fashion week with its fun butterfly floral print and clean lines.  The collection read a little too spring/summer for me at first, but toward the end it really swerved into on-point looks for fall with the flared out tops at the waist and collars (WHICH ARE EVERYWHERE).  I liked the navy, black and white color palette.   I think they managed to make a collection that has wearable pieces for an entire year, not to mention the shoes were amazing!
Thakoon




Derek Lam












Preen










(images from vogue.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment