March 31, 2010

Recent obsession: Ammonite jewelry

So, last summer my friend and I went to New York, and while we were there we saw The Little Mermaid on Broadway. I have always loved the movie, but after seeing the play, I had to go home and re-watch it.

Well, I happened to notice that when Urusula becomes Vanessa to trick the prince, she wears an interesting pendant that contains Ariel's voice (I know this is weird, bear with me).

Anyways, I sort of became obsessed with wanting the kind of pendant Vanessa wears, and I realized it was an ammonite pendant or permutation of it.

In New York, I also saw the Evolution store, which I think will be my next stop when I go back in order to complete my goal of owning an ammonite pendant. You can find them at theevolutionstore.com or if you search "ammonite jewelry" on etsy.

There is other jewelry similar to it too at places like bonadrag.com

Take a look, they're actually pretty neat.





(photos from buzznet.com and theevolutionstore.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment