April 27, 2010

Review: Zac Posen for Target

So, yesterday I made the trek to my local Target only to be disappointed by the fact they had not put out Zac Posen's line yet.

Today, I tried again, and they had a few but not all of the pieces from his collection.

I think it's better than most lines Target has, but a few pieces were not what I expected.


I tried on the gold bathing suit top, but it wasn't what I hoped it would be. The fabric was a little rough and I normally wear a size small in bathing suit tops, and it did not look flattering on me. The top had hardly any support and it felt like it ran a little small.


I tried this dress on in the solid pink color. It's very cute. The fabric was nice, but I think it ran a little small. My only issue with it is that I like simple clothes and if it takes a lot of work to put a dress on, I probably won't wear it. That being said, this dress has a slip underneath, a wrap around belt and a tie in the back, which to me, means too many things to worry about when I'm getting ready. However, the sleeves were really cute, and if pink's your color, I highly suggest this dress.


This dress has been getting rave reviews online, but personally I wasn't a huge fan. The rivets were a little much for me, but I was pleasantly surprised by the fabric, it was really soft and seemed to be high quality.


This is the dress I ended up buying. It's very form fitting and the bottom part is sheer, but in the photo it looks like the sheer part is a lot higher. I'm 5'6, so the sheer part is not in a revealing area, and the dress on me is longer than it looks on the model. The fabric isn't quite as soft as I'd hoped and the sleeves are a little awkward, you definitely have to wear them off the shoulder, but overall, I thought it was the most me and the most flattering on.

As for the rest of the clothes, my Target wasn't quite as well-stocked as I hoped it be. I saw the black dress with the blue organza-like outer part. It's not as soft as I'd hoped, but definitely cute, I just don't have any place to wear it to. The chambray dress looks the same in person as it does in the photo, the cardigan has mesh like sleeves, the brocade tie dress is cute and I was a fan of the blazer.

Anyone else check out the line?? Thoughts?

(photos from fashionista.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment