December 29, 2010

Top six models of 2010: Number Four

So, some of you might be wondering how this happened, but Ashley Smith is my fourth favorite model of 2010.  Yes, that's right, I voted her above Lara Stone.


Throughout 2010, Ashley tended to be in edgy and fun editorials.  I don't think there was one editorial that I didn't like with her in it.

While Ashley lacked the coverage that many of the other models I picked got, I think we are going to be seeing a lot more of her in 2011.  She did score a few covers and an ad campaign for Sisley by Terry Richardson.

She is definitely the Lara Stone prototype, but in some ways I think she is prettier because she has a more feminine face than Lara.  But mainly I voted her above Lara because she is so new and young, and I don't think we've seen all this 19-year-old Texan has to offer.

I am excited to see how her career unfolds in 2011.




















(photos from style.com, models.com and fashiongonerogue.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment