December 31, 2010

Top six models of 2010: Number Two

My second favorite model of the year, despite all the controversy, was Crystal Renn.


Although she started the year categorized as a "plus-size" model, Crystal ended the year looking at least 20 pounds lighter.  She was scrutinized the whole year for either gaining or losing weight, and although I wish she had ended the year a beautiful size 10, she is still a beautiful girl and as long as she is healthy  that's all that matters.

I originally liked Crystal because I thought she gave curvy women everywhere a model to look up to.  Here's a girl who suffered from eating disorders, and now she is can look gorgeous as a size 10.  However, throughout the year, Crystal picked up a workout routine that included hiking and slimmed her down considerably.  Don't get me wrong, I don't not want her to be thin, I just thought she was more of a role model as a curvy woman, but either way she is still stunning.

Regardless of all the controversy, 2010 was a great year for Crystal.  She walked in her first Chanel show, scored tons of editorial spreads and took part in showing off Zac Posen's pre-fall collection.

Crystal proved she is beautiful at any weight, and I hope in 2011 she continues to be healthy regardless of her size.


























(photos from models.com, vogue.com and fashiongonerogue.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment