February 1, 2011

Favorite looks from the SAG Awards

OK, so clearly stylists took the criticism the magazines dished out at the Golden Globes and used the SAG Awards as place where their celebrity clients could redeem their fashion selves, because most of the celebrities who got the harshest critiques went in 180s look-wise. (click here and here to see what they wore to the Globes)

For instance, January Jones, who landed on a few "worst dressed lists" for revealing too much in her red Versace dress at the Golden Globes, went with a very sophisticated (and unrevealing) Carolina Herrera gown.  While I think January looks gorgeous in either way, I personally think this dress makes a better statement, it's classic and elegant, and I actually think, and I could be wrong, as far as being an actress this look says take me more seriously.





Next, we have Lea Michelle, who got criticized for looking too much like a princess in her pink Oscar de la Renta gown and instead, went for a semi-understated cream-colored Oscar gown with sequins.



Finally, poor Helena Bonham Carter was raked over the fashion coals for having fun with fashion and wearing a mismatched shoes with her Vivienne Westwood dress.  For the SAG Awards, we see her somewhat more put together and wearing a lacey Marc Jacobs dress and matching black heels.  Now, don't hate me for saying this, but I actually liked her last outfit better because it showed her personality.



OK, on to the rest of my favorite looks.

Claire Danes in Louis Vuitton 
However, what is that black piece of fabric coming down the dress?  I don't think it's the belt, because even though I like the mixture of the tough belt with the frilly dress, I wish that piece of black fabric was not hanging down because it totally detracts from her look.  Also, I think I might of liked the pink Calvin Klein she wore to the Globes slightly better, although, I like that she took her look in a different direction.

Diana Agron in Chanel

Hailee Steinfeld in Prada
This girl dresses better at 14 than half of the women do at 30!

Mila Kunis in Alexander McQueen

Natalie Portman in Azzaro

Julia Stiles in Monique Lhuillier
(this is so much better than what she wore to the Golden Globes)

Angie Harmon in Monique Lhuillier
OK, so it's over the top and probably took hours to vacuum off the red carpet, but come on you know it's stunning.

Heather Morris in Romona Keveza

Annette Benning
(I'm actually not sure who this dress is by, but she looks so much better than she did at the Golden Globes)


(photos from justjared.buzznet.com and style.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment