February 14, 2012

Favorite Looks from Day Three of NYFW

I am super excited about this post today because three out of the four collections below I have never reviewed.  Calla, Christian Cota and Wes Gordon are new designers to me, and I am loving the way they mix prints.  The funky vibe from Calla and Christian Cota is great, and I adore the pretty and prim look Calla went for as opposed to the incredibly stylish Mexican desert look Cota channeled.  Also, Gordon's lace pieces are to die for, and I love the deep yellows and reds Cota and Gordon used to bring their collections to life against the sea of inevitable black that comes down the runway during fall.

Last but not least, I love Jill Stuart's fall floral collection.  The pieces are simple but make a statement are embrace the dark floral trend and collared dress look that is so popular on the runway this week.  I love the lace shirt mixed with the floral skirt, and the cut out dresses.  I know Stuart's collection goes a whole different way than the other three before it, but there's something fun and put together about it that ties it in with my favorite looks from day three.

Calla






Christian Cota





Wes Gordon




Jill Stuart









(images from style.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment