February 20, 2012

Glamour Girls Part Two: J. Mendel, Marchesa, Oscar de la Renta and Sophie Theallet

There's so many positive things I could say about these collections.  J. Mendel's plunging necklines are to die for, the purple dress better have a red carpet moment, and the silver dress Lindsey Wixson is wearing is gorgeous and sleek.  Marchesa did what Marchesa does best.  The collection was full of red carpet looks, and I have to say, although the dress looks a little iffy in photos, the gold top and the full voluminous bronze skirt is probably my favorite and possibly a lot prettier in person.

De la renta's longer blue dress is awesome, and I feel like it's different than the sophisticated ballgowns he typically sends down the runway.  And finally, Sophie Theallet's patterns are so bold and bright, but it's the nude polka dot dress that I am obsessed with.  From other photos, I believe it has a red back, which makes it that much more fun.
J. Mendel











Marchesa











Oscar de la Renta




Sophie Theallet




(images from vogue.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment