February 27, 2012

Red Carpet Style: Best Dressed and Runner-ups at the Oscars 2012

So, I don't know about you all, but last night's red carpet at the Oscars left me feeling unsatisfied.  Sure there were some high notes like Jessica Chastain in Alexander McQueen and Natalie Portman in vintage polka dot Dior, but for the most part, I felt the looks fell flat when there were so many amazing dresses to pick from.  For instance, Penelope Cruz, one of the most beautiful women in Hollywood, looked matronly, and Michelle Williams' peplum clashed with the bottom of her dress.  Overall, I wanted more pizazz and style and less frumpy.

Here's my top five picks and then some who I think were almost there.  Let me know if you agree/disagree!

Best Dressed:
1.  Jessica Chastain in Alexander McQueen



2.  Natalie Portman in vintage Dior

3.  Angelina Jolie in Atelier Versace

4.  Emma Stone in Giambattista Valli
I know some of you may disagree, but I thought Stone looked great in this dress even though the big bow is a little iffy.  Also, this was one of my picks for dresses that deserved a red carpet moment!

5.  Gwyneth Paltrow in Tom Ford


Runner-Ups:

1.  Ellie Kemper in Armani Prive
Only because I don't like her thick bangs, and I have to penalize whoever did her hair.
2.  Rooney Mara in Givenchy

3.  Michelle Williams in Louis Vuitton

4.  Kristen Wiig in J. Mendel

(images from nymag.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment