February 27, 2012

OBSESSED: Cool Girl Chic at Band of Outsiders, Rodarte and Steven Alan Fall 2012

There are so many things going right with these collections that I don't know where to start.  Band of Outsiders was prairie meets New York city street chic.  I would want everything whether it be the dresses that remind me of the Midwest or the bandage-topped black dresses that scream urban sophistication.

Rodarte presented a more refined, more commercialized cool girl look that is probably meant to beef up their sales.  However, the collection was still beautiful and dresses like the hand print layered one reminded me why I loved them to begin with.  Sure, the Mulleavy sisters have now been featured in Vogue decking out Taylor Swift in their collection, and they acted as consultants for the Oscars about what goes in to making a red carpet moment, but I think the fame is hopefully only going to make them stronger designers.   I want to think that they will stay true to their roots and keep designing the amazing looks that have a unique aesthetic no matter how well know they get.

Finally, Steven Alan's collection seemed straight from the closet of some indie urban school girl.  I thought the styling was great, and I would want everything from that collection.  It's wearable, flattering and perfect for the fall season.


Band of Outsiders



















Rodarte

















Steven Alan






(images from vogue.com and style.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment