July 6, 2011

Fall 2011 Couture: Christian Dior post Galliano

So I hesitated to post this immediately because I didn't want to make any rash decisions on how I feel about the couture collection post Galliano.  However, I have to agree with some of the critics who said that Dior without his lavish touch or even without a head designer with a clear vision leaves something to be desired.

While there were hints of Galliano's flare in the over-the-top makeup, bold colors and weird head accessories, I honestly felt like this was nowhere near the sophisticated collection that went down the runway for spring 2011.  There were some moments of glory in the collection that debuted on the 4th, mainly the nude-colored outfits in the middle of the show, but overall, I don't see women wanting this collection or feeling beautiful in it, which I think is something Galliano always managed to do.  That being said, I don't want to slam Bill Gaytten who was behind this collection because I don't think we have seen what he is really capable of.  What are your opinions?























(photos from vogue.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment